As you apply for admission to the University of Oregon, use this detailed month-by-month guide to stay on track. A brief list of application deadlines is also available, but keep in mind that many departments and majors have earlier deadlines.
Housing: Registering for University Housing does not have a universal deadline. As soon as you are admitted to the UO (and not before) you'll be able to register for housing, make your initial housing payment, and sign your housing contract all online. Space is limited, so apply as soon as possible.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) as soon as possible after they become available on October 1, and before the University of Oregon’s priority deadline, March 1.
- Start filling out the General University Scholarship application and Diversity Excellence Scholarship application when they become available October 1.
- Apply to the University of Oregon and the Clark Honors College by November 1 to meet the early notification deadline. Submit your honors college application along with your UO application.
- Submit your Clark Honors College supporting documents by November 7.
- Be aware that some academic units have earlier departmental deadlines.
- Submit your Clark Honors College application by January 15.
- Submit the FAFSA or ORSAA by the UO’s priority deadline, March 1.
- Submit your application for admission by March 15 to receive notification of admission by May.
- Submit the Diversity Excellence Scholarship application by April 1.
- Submit the General University Scholarship application by April 1.
- Your Notice of Financial Aid Eligibility should arrive this month if you applied for financial aid by February 1. You’ll need to accept your award within 45 days.
- Submit your university application for admission by June 1 to meet the regular deadline.
- When you receive an Intent to Register Form, complete it and return the form with your $200 advance tuition deposit (ATD).
- Your financial aid offer will arrive around June if you submitted a FAFSA or ORSAA. Scholarships and grants are automatically accepted on your behalf. You can accept offered loans or work-study in DuckWeb.
- Sign up for IntroDUCKtion, the summer orientation program, by June 30.
- Make sure that you have signed up for one of the three on-campus Transfer IntroDUCKtion sessions. Additionally, make sure that you are completing your online Orientation Community modules.
- Start packing! If you have completed your online housing contract and made your prepayment, you will receive your residence hall room assignment, your roommate information, and other move-in details this month.
- Residence hall check-in is September 21.
- Week of Welcome events take place September 22–25.
- Enjoy the first day of classes on September 26.