Below are the admission requirements for transfer students. See information for:
For applicants who have completed 35 or fewer quarter credits (or 23 or fewer semester credits) by the time of expected enrollment at the UO, admission will be based on both freshman and transfer admission requirements. For applicants who have completed 36 or more quarter credits (or 24 or more semester credits) by the time of expected enrollment at the UO, admission will be based only on the transfer admission requirements.
To be considered for admission as a transfer student, you must be eligible to return any previously attended institution, and have:
- Completed one college-level composition course with a grade of C- or better, P (pass), or S (satisfactory).
- Completed one college-level mathematics course with a grade of C- or better, P, or S.
- Earned a minimum GPA of 2.25 if you are an Oregon resident, or 2.50 if you are a nonresident.
- Second-language proficiency. If you graduated from high school in spring 1997 or later, or if you took the GED in June 1997 or later, you must demonstrate second-language proficiency to be admitted to the UO. To do so, submit a transcript or score report verifying one of the following:
- Two years of the same second language in high school, with a grade of C- or better, P (pass), or S (satisfactory), or
- Two college terms of the same second language with a grade of C- or better, or
- Proficiency test (for example, SAT Subject Tests or BYU Foreign Language Assessment)
Learn more about options for meeting the second language requirement, including American Sign Language.
For information on GPA calculation, grades, and transfer credits, including unofficial transfer credit evaluation, visit our transfer credits page. If you're ready to apply, use this step-by-step guide to applying as a transfer student.