Transfer Admission

Students chatting and laughing on a sunny summer day.

The following information is for domestic transfers. Click here for international information.

The UO welcomes applications from students who have attended or are currently attending other universities or colleges. Once you are familiar with the UO's transfer requirements and process, you can apply online. Visit the graduate school's website for more information if you are interested in pursuing a master's or doctoral degree.  

Your Transition to the UO

If you've decided to transfer to Oregon, we can make your transition as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Learn about the UO, Eugene, and the admission process

2. Count your credits

3. Apply to the UO

Completing Your Application

Before we can make a decision regarding your admission, we must receive the following:

  • Your UO Application for Undergraduate Admission (apply online or download a PDF)
  • A nonrefundable $65 application fee or a fee waiver form
  • Official college transcripts (except for the current term) reporting all of your transfer work from every college and university you attended
  • If you will have completed 35 or fewer quarter credits (23 semester credits) by the term you expect to enroll at the UO, submit your official high school transcripts and SAT Reasoning Test or ACT scores
  • If you are an architecture or interior architecture transfer applicant, submit SAT Reasoning Test or ACT scores regardless of class status
  • Demonstration of second language proficiency is required for students who graduated from high school in spring 1997 or later

After Completing Your Application

You will receive important information regarding transfer credits, housing, financial aid and scholarships, first year programs, required student orientation, and more. Our transfer student checklist provides a detailed month-by-month guide to the application process. Visit our private off-campus housing website for information about living in private off-campus housing, including resources and roommates. You can also find information about living on campus in university apartments with University Housing.

International Transfer Students

International students should review the international transfer information webpage. You should apply for admission as an international student if you are not a United States citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.