As you apply for admission to the University of Oregon, use this detailed month-by-month guide to stay on track (note that the dates are based on applying for admission for the fall 2020 term). A brief list of application deadlines is also available, but keep in mind that many departments and majors have earlier deadlines.
Housing: Registering for University Housing does not have a universal deadline. Beginning December 2, as soon as you are admitted to the UO, you can fill out your housing registration, make your initial housing payment, and sign your housing contract, all online. The earlier you sign up for housing, the more choices you will have when selecting your room. All first-year students at the UO live on campus.
- Start filling out the FAFSA when it becomes available October 1. Submit the completed form online to federal processors before February 1 to allow time to meet the UO priority deadline of March 1.
- Oregon residents start working on the Presidential Scholarship application.
- Start working on the Diversity Excellence Scholarship application.
- Submit your application for admission before November 1 to meet the Early Action deadline.
- To apply for the Stamps Scholarship, meet the Early Action admission deadline and submit the Stamps application by November 15.
- Be aware that some academic units have earlier departmental deadlines.
- Submit your university application by January 15 (this application is also used to apply to the Clark Honors College). Students who submit the university application by January 15 will be automatically considered for General University and Summit or Apex scholarships.
- Submit the Presidential Scholarship application and the Diversity Excellence Scholarship application by the deadline of January 31.
- Submit the FAFSA online to the federal processors by March 1.
- Admitted Clark Honors College students should watch for an information packet that includes additional deadlines.
- Return your Intent to Register Form (or submit it online using DuckWeb) with your $200 advance tuition deposit (ATD) by the date listed on your form. For most students this will be May 1.
- Check your mailbox for IntroDUCKtion information.
- Look for your Notice of Financial Aid Eligibility to arrive by mid-April if you applied for financial aid by February 1. You’ll need to accept your award within 45 days.
- Sign up online via DuckWeb for IntroDUCKtion (our summer orientation, advising, and registration program).
- If you haven't already, accept your financial aid award by the deadline listed in your award letter.
- Register for IntroDUCKtion via DuckWeb. Registrations will be accepted through June 21 on a space-available basis.
- Provide the Office of Admissions with an official final high school transcript that includes your graduation date.
- Students living in Academic Residential Communities and Residential Communities select their rooms.
- Attend your IntroDUCKtion session, where you will meet with your academic adviser and register for fall classes.
- All students living on campus select their rooms.
- The last chance to submit the Intent to Register Form is September 1.
- Clark Honors College early move-in is September 22 and CHC students begin orientation on September 23.
- Residence hall move-in is the week of September 21.
- Week of Welcome events are tentatively scheduled for September 25 to October 3.
- Enjoy the first day of classes on September 29.