To complete your application you must submit each of the following by the appropriate deadline:
- The University of Oregon International Application for Undergraduate Admission. You can use the online UO application or download the PDF; freshmen may also complete the Common Application. Regardless of which option you choose, your application will be considered the same.
- Nonrefundable $75 application fee.
- Official transcripts for all secondary/high schools you have attended. Official transcripts for all college/universities you have attended. Official transcripts are issued directly by your school, college, or university and must bear the official stamp or seal of the institution as well as the signature of the appropriate official. If transcripts are not in English, provide a certified translation of the documents. Official transcripts should be mailed to the UO in a sealed school envelope or submitted electronically using one of the approved systems (check with your school to see if they have the ability to submit transcripts electronically). Transcripts sent by fax or email are not official. Upon graduation from high school, you will be required to submit a final transcript confirming graduation and showing all academic course work.
- Official exam results from the TOEFL/IELTS test. The UO’s institutional TOEFL code is 4846.
- For an additional way to demonstrate English language proficiency, we recommend that international applicants from China and other nearby countries consider participating in an interview/writing sample administered by InitialView as an optional part of their application. InitialView will provide a recording of the interview and a copy of the writing sample to us for our review. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview/writing sample, and evaluation is done by our office. If you intend to submit an InitialView report, please notify the Office of Admissions of the date you will interview.
- International students are not required to submit SAT or ACT results for admission to the UO except when applying to our Clark Honors College. However, submitting SAT or ACT results will increase your chance of admission, make you eligible for additional international student scholarships, and help to prove English proficiency.
- Personal statement and letters of recommendation if your high school performance was affected by special circumstances. Please use the “Special Circumstances” section of the application to summarize these circumstances. Also include two letters of recommendation from teachers or others who can comment on your academic performance.
Finally, before we can send you the required immigration documents, we must receive a bank statement, certificate of deposit, or scholarship letter equal to the cost of one academic year at the UO. The document must have been prepared within the prior six months.
Beginning December 2, as soon as you are admitted to the UO, you can fill out your housing registration. The earlier you sign up for housing, the more choices you will have when selecting your room. All first-year students at the UO live on campus.
Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1217
While we do not encourage you to send transcripts via express shipping companies, if you do, the address is:
Office of Admissions
240 Oregon Hall
1585 East 13th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97403