About the minor
The minor in Greek at the UO introduces students to the study of the ancient language and its literatures. After a year of introduction, students can expect to read and study closely such authors as Plato, Lysias, Euripides and Homer in the original Greek.
A little more info
- Students of classics can access the UO’s digital Lowenstam Collection of Greek and Roman Archeological and Art Historical Images for study and research.
- Students in classics can attend and present research at the Classical Association of the Pacific Northwest’s annual conference, whose hosts include the University of Oregon.
- The Department of Classics is active in the Archaeological Institute of America, which presents a regular series of lectures by visiting archaeologists and historians.
- Classics students regularly study abroad in Italy and Greece.
- The department has connections with archaeological excavations and summer field schools.