First time freshmen and transfer students may request an undergraduate application fee waiver if they are able to demonstrate high financial need by at least one of the qualifications below.
- Participation in a free or reduced school lunch program;
- Pell Grant-eligible status provided on FAFSA-related documents;
- Involvement in TRIO-type college preparatory programs (e.g., Upward Bound, Talent Search, EOP, HEP);
- State of Oregon or U.S. public assistance; or
- Submission of a College Board or ACT fee waiver, NACAC fee waiver, or Foster Youth Tuition and Fee waiver; or
- Other factors illustrating financial hardship, at the discretion of the Office of Admissions
No applicant will be granted a fee waiver unless they are determined to have genuine financial need. Applicants who are classified as international students are not eligible for an application fee waiver. However, undocumented Oregon high school students who are potentially eligible for the state’s Tuition Equity Program can be granted a waiver on a case‐by‐case basis. The Office of Admissions administers the application fee waiver program, and its Director may add, remove or modify methods of confirmation as needed over time.
If you have received notification from the Office of Admissions that your Application Fee Waiver form or payment is needed, please follow instructions below. The process to request an application fee waiver is different, depending on which application you submitted.
• Common Application
- If you applied using the Common App and requested an application fee waiver, please watch this video for instructions on either submitting the form or making your payment.
• Oregon Application
- If you applied using the Oregon App download the Application Fee Waiver Form and have it authorized by a school administrator
- If you do not qualify for the application fee waiver, send a check to the address below. Make sure to include the applicant's name on the check to ensure it is matched to your file.
Send completed form to:
Office of Admissions
1217 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1217