First time freshmen and transfer students may request an undergraduate application fee waiver if they are able to demonstrate high financial need by at least one of the qualifications below.
- Participation in a free or reduced school lunch program;
- Pell Grant-eligible status provided on FAFSA-related documents;
- Involvement in TRIO-type college preparatory programs (e.g., Upward Bound, Talent Search, EOP, HEP);
- State of Oregon or U.S. public assistance; or
- Submission of a College Board or ACT fee waiver, NACAC fee waiver, or Foster Youth Tuition and Fee waiver; or
- Other factors illustrating financial hardship, at the discretion of the Office of Admissions
No applicant will be granted a fee waiver unless they are determined to have genuine financial need. Applicants who are classified as international students are not eligible for an application fee waiver. However, undocumented Oregon high school students who are potentially eligible for the state’s Tuition Equity Program can be granted a waiver on a case‐by‐case basis. The Office of Admissions administers the application fee waiver program, and its Director may add, remove or modify methods of confirmation as needed over time.
If you have received notification from the Office of Admissions that your Application Fee Waiver form or payment is needed, please follow instructions below. The process to request an application fee waiver is different, depending on which application you submitted.
- If you applied through the Coalition or Oregon Application, download the Application Fee Waiver Form and follow the directions listed on the form.
- If you applied through the Common Application and payment is required, watch this video for instructions.