Undergraduate degree: BA
Second language acquisition and teaching certificate
About the minor
Learn Korean language, culture, society, literature, and linguistics from historical and contemporary perspectives. Our classes encourage active participation and communication in a friendly and supportive environment. The Korean minor combines language courses with culture, literature, and linguistics courses. Korean is one of several minors taught within the Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures.
A little more info
- The Korean program offers language classes up to advanced levels
- Various literature, culture, and linguistics courses help students build knowledge of Korea
- The minor program allows students to combine their studies with other majors
- Students can earn credits in Korea through study abroad programs
- The second language acquisition and teaching (SLAT) Korean certificate endorses that students are trained to teach Korean.
Students have found employment in government, international business, education, translation, and entertainment industries. They have also gone on to law school and other professional and graduate studies.