Top Scholars at the UO
At the University of Oregon you’ll discover a community of top scholars pursuing knowledge and achievement, conducting original research, and applying new ideas to real-world issues. High-achieving students choose the UO, the state's flagship institution of higher learning, for its commitment to academic excellence. And you'll find that the UO rewards you for excelling academically by providing scholarships and granting college credit for high scores on Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate exams.
Programs for Top Scholars
- Explore the Robert D. Clark Honors College, a highly selective four-year college of 600 undergraduate scholars that offers small, discussion-based courses taught by award-winning professors.
- Join the College Scholars Program, an enrichment and mentoring program that will put you on track to conduct significant academic research as an undergraduate.
- Departmental Honors programs are offered by nearly every department at UO, for example business, English, political science, or the BFA program in art. Each involves extensive course work, a final thesis or research project, and close mentoring by a faculty advisor.
- Take part in a Global Scholars language program, which provide a language-immersive environment coupled with academic, social, and cultural opportunities in and outside of the classroom. Choose from programs in Chinese, German, Spanish, French, and Japanese.
- Enroll in a Challenge FIG for first-year students.
- Choose from more than 165 study abroad programs.
- Take advantage of numerous opportunities to conduct research as an undergraduate.