If you have been offered admission to the UO, it's time to let us know you'll be joining the flock! Submit your Intent to Register (ITR) form to confirm our offer of admission. If you have already done so, welcome to the UO. If you haven't, follow the instructions below to submit your ITR. International students should submit an international student ITR.
Only undergraduate students who have been admitted for the fall term should follow these instructions. This page does not apply to undergraduate students admitted for other terms.
Please note that the UO Office of Admissions will cancel your admission if you do not complete the online Intent to Register form (or complete and return the paper version of the form that will be mailed to your home address) by the stated deadline. You can submit your ITR either online or by mail.
Submitting the Online Intent to Register Form
- Use your UO ID and PAC to log in to DuckWeb.
- Select "Admissions Menu."
- Select "Intent to Register Form."
- Check the box indicating your intent to enroll for fall term.
- If you are paying the $200 advance tuition deposit, you can make payment by credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa, and including an additional 2.75 percent service fee of $5.50), or by check. To pay by check, use your checking account and routing numbers.
- Request for deferrals or exemptions are also available via the online version of the form.
- If your name is incorrect, please send a separate letter to the Office of Admissions to make any corrections.
- Once you make your payment online, you will see a receipt that can be printed. In addition, you will receive an e-mail receipt. Keep one or both of these receipts for your records.
Advance Tuition Deposit
You can pay the $200 nonrefundable advance tuition deposit by either check or credit card. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Please be aware that there is a 2.75 percent service fee ($5.50) to use this service. It will appear as a separate charge on your credit card statement. The service fee is not assessed by the University of Oregon, but by our service provider. Payments made by debit card are treated as a credit card payment and the 2.75 percent service charge applies. The service fee is not charged for payments made by check. For more information, please read our online Student Billing FAQs.
- Online payment of the advance tuition deposit by electronic check or credit card is recommended for fastest processing.
- If submitting the paper form, make your check or money order payable to the University of Oregon. Include the name of the enrolling student and the student’s UO ID number on your payment.
- If you want to request deferred payment of the advance tuition deposit, check the appropriate box on the ITR form. Only students who have applied for financial aid may request a deferral.
- The advance tuition deposit is not refundable, and once it is mailed or submitted online, the UO cannot halt processing. Cancellation or stopping payment on a check will result in an additional $20 processing fee.
Once your Intent to Register form has been processed, we will mail you a confirmation letter that includes the information you need to plan for fall enrollment. Materials about IntroDUCKtion—our summer orientation, advising, and registration program—are mailed beginning in April.
Advance Tuition Deposit
Payment of this $200 deposit confirms your intention to enroll fall 2013 and is applicable toward your fall term tuition. It is not refundable. If you cannot attend fall term, but you reapply and are accepted for admission winter, spring, or summer 2014, your fall 2013 deposit can be applied toward your first term’s tuition. See Change in Admission Term below. Once an advance tuition deposit is mailed or submitted online, the UO cannot halt processing. Cancellation or stopping payment on a check will result in an additional $20 processing fee.
Cancellation of Admission
We will cancel your admission if you do not confirm your intent to register by the deadline on the front of your form.
Reinstatement of Admission
If your admission is canceled by the UO and you want to be reinstated for fall 2013, you must submit a written request to the Office of Admissions. We will consider your request on a space-available basis.
Change in Admission Term
Your offer of admission is valid only for the fall term for which you applied. If you plan to enroll for a different term, you must submit a new UO application for undergraduate admission.
You may request deferred payment of the advance tuition deposit only if you applied for financial aid by using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We will respond after we verify that your financial application has been received by the university. If you qualify for a deferment, check the appropriate box on either the online or paper version of the Intent to Register form.
A student awarded one of the scholarships listed below is exempt from paying the advance tuition deposit. If you have been awarded one of these scholarships, indicate on either the paper or online version of the ITR form that you are exempt from paying the deposit and list the scholarship you have been awarded. Note that these scholarships will be awarded by the end of March.
- Presidential Scholarship
- Diversity Excellence Scholarship
- Stamps Scholarship
- Staton Scholarship
IntroDUCKtion and May Advising
Beginning in the spring, we send information about orientation, advising, and course registration. To see when registration for summer programs is available, check the UO Student Orientation website. You can only participate in these programs once the Office of Admissions receives and processes your Intent to Register form.
Transfer students should also refer to the UO Student Orientation website to check eligibility to participate in orientation programs.
Remember, if you have questions, be sure to contact us.