As you apply for admission to the University of Oregon, use this detailed month-by-month guide to stay on track (note that the dates are based on applying for admission for the fall 2017 term). A brief list of application deadlines is also available, but keep in mind that many departments and majors have earlier deadlines.
Housing: Applying for University Housing does not have a universal deadline. As soon as you are admitted to the UO (and not before) you'll need to apply for housing, make your initial housing payment, and sign your housing contract all online. All freshmen at UO live on campus.
- Start filling out the FAFSA when it becomes available October 1. Submit the completed form online to federal processors before February 1 to allow time to meet the UO priority deadline of March 1.
- Oregon residents submit the Presidential Scholarship application available October 1.
- Submit the Diversity Excellence Scholarship application available October 1.
- Submit your application for admission before November 1 to meet the Early Action deadline. Submit your Clark Honors College application along with your UO application.
- Oregon residents apply for the Stamps Scholarship before November 1.
- Submit your Clark Honors College supporting documents by November 7.
- Be aware that some academic units have earlier departmental deadlines.
- Submit your university application by January 15 (this application is also used to apply to the Clark Honors College). Students who submit the university application by January 15 will be automatically considered for General University and Summit or Apex scholarships.
- Meet the Presidential Scholarship application deadline of January 15.
- Submit the Diversity Excellence Scholarship application by the deadline of January 15.
- Submit the FAFSA online to the federal processors by March 1.
- Admitted Clark Honors College students should watch for an information packet that includes additional deadlines.
- Return your Intent to Register Form (or submit it online using DuckWeb) with your $200 advance tuition deposit (ATD) by the date listed on your form. For most students this will be May 1.
- Check your mailbox for The Big FIG Book and IntroDUCKtion information.
- Look for your Notice of Financial Aid Eligibility to arrive by mid-April if you applied for financial aid by February 1. You’ll need to accept your award within 45 days.
- Sign up online via DuckWeb for IntroDUCKtion (our summer orientation, advising, and registration program) and First-Year Programs such as Freshman Interest Groups.
- For most students, the last chance to submit the Intent to Register Form is May 1, the national response to colleges deadline.
- Request a Freshman Interest Group via DuckWeb. Requests will be accepted through June 15 on a space-available basis.
- Register for IntroDUCKtion via DuckWeb. Registrations will be accepted through June 30 on a space-available basis.
- Provide the Office of Admissions with an official final high school transcript that includes your graduation date.
- Attend your IntroDUCKtion session, where you will meet with your academic adviser and register for fall classes.
- Start packing! You will receive your residence hall room assignment, your roommate information, and other move-in details this month.
- Week of Welcome events take place September 21–24.
- Attend orientation September 19–20 if you missed IntroDUCKtion.
- Residence hall check-in is September 21. Students who missed IntroDUCKtion and need advising may check in September 20, but pre-authorization is required for early check-in.
- Clarks Honors College students check in on September 18 and begin orientation on September 19.
- Enjoy the first day of classes on September 25.