Visit the UO
The best way to decide if the UO is right for you is to check it out yourself. Register for campus tours and information sessions. Or visit the Office of Admissions, located on the second floor of Oregon Hall at the corner of 13th Avenue and Agate Street, which is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The UO hosts campus tours six days a week, excluding Sundays. UO student ambassadors conduct ninety-minute walking tours that acquaint visitors with the main campus each weekday during most months at 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m., and on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. During September, December, and January, the 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. weekday tours are not available.
Tours begin and conclude at the Ford Alumni Center, just in time for the information session.
To arrange a special tour, contact the ambassador program at 541-346-1274.
We offer admissions information sessions at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. during most months of the year. During September, December, and January, the 10:00 a.m. weekday session is not available.
All sessions are held in the Ford Alumni Center at the corner of East 13th Avenue and Columbia Street.
Information sessions cover:
- admission requirements
- financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- campus housing
- the campus community
- the city of Eugene and the surrounding area
- questions and answers
Students who need to discuss special circumstances or desire an individual appointment may call the Office of Admissions at 1-800-BE-A-DUCK. The UO is pleased to welcome guests with disabilities or others who need special assistance; please request accommodations in advance. If you'd like to visit a specific academic department, please contact that department directly, prior to your trip.
Parking on Campus
Free on-campus parking is available to prospective students and their guests who are visiting.
Spaces are located in the parking garage at the Matthew Knight Arena, which is adjacent to the Ford Alumni Center where campus tours begin and information sessions take place. To get to the garage, drive along East 13th Avenue and turn onto Columbia Street just west of the Ford Alumni Center and proceed to the garage. After you have parked, take your ticket with you and have it validated at the information desk inside the alumni center.
Other Visit Resources
- Learn about special campus visit events, including fall Duck Preview and spring Duck Days as well as events for first-generation, ethnically diverse, or economically disadvantaged students.
- Download campus maps.
- Find information on how to travel to the UO by car, plane, or train, including driving directions
- Our partners at Travel Lane County can give you ideas for what else to do during your visit to Eugene. They also maintain a list of local lodging options.
- Read about the classic college town of Eugene.
- The university offers Portland-based admission counseling at the downtown UO White Stag Block.
- Download the free UOregon app for your iPhone or your Android. Designed by UO students and staff, the app offers several individual walking tours, including a campus tour featuring videos of our student guides.
- You can also conduct your own self-guided tour of the UO campus with Foursquare, a location-based social networking website. Using your mobile device, you can check in at campus locations and landmarks.