Visit the UO
The best way to decide if the UO is right for you is to check it out yourself. Register for campus tours and information sessions. Or visit the Office of Admissions, located on the second floor of Oregon Hall at the corner of 13th Avenue and Agate Street, which is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The UO hosts campus tours six days a week, excluding Sundays. UO student ambassadors conduct ninety-minute walking tours that acquaint visitors with the main campus each weekday during most months at 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m., and on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. During September, December, and January, the 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. weekday tours are not available.
Tours begin and conclude at the Ford Alumni Center, just in time for the information session.
To arrange a special tour, contact the ambassador program at 541-346-1274.
We offer admissions information sessions at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. during most months of the year. During September, December, and January, the 10:00 a.m. weekday session is not available.
All sessions are held in the Ford Alumni Center at the corner of East 13th Avenue and Columbia Street.
Information sessions cover:
- admission requirements
- financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- campus housing
- the campus community
- the city of Eugene and the surrounding area
- questions and answers
Students who need to discuss special circumstances or desire an individual appointment may call the Office of Admissions at 1-800-BE-A-DUCK. The UO is pleased to welcome guests with disabilities or others who need special assistance; please request accommodations in advance. If you'd like to visit a specific academic department, please contact that department directly, prior to your trip.
Parking on Campus
The University of Oregon is committed to environmental sustainability, so parking at the UO is limited. Many students, faculty, and staff commute by bike, bus, or foot. We encourage visitors to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of their scheduled campus tour or information session to allow time to find parking.
The Matthew Knight Arena is adjacent to the Ford Alumni Center, where campus tours begin and information sessions take place. To park in the Matthew Knight Arena parking garage, drive along East 13th Avenue and turn onto Columbia Street just west of the Ford Alumni Center and proceed to the garage. If you are able to find a parking spot, take your parking ticket to your tour or information session. Your ticket can be validated at the information desk inside the alumni center.
If the Matthew Knight Arena parking garage is at capacity, proceed to the information kiosk located near the intersection of East 13th Avenue and Agate Street in front of Oregon Hall. At the kiosk, you can obtain a parking permit for another parking lot on campus. Please follow the parking instructions given to you in order to avoid having your vehicle ticketed or towed. Walk to the Ford Alumni Center to begin your campus tour or information session.
Other Visit Resources
- Learn about special campus visit events, including fall Duck Preview and spring Duck Days as well as events for first-generation, ethnically diverse, or economically disadvantaged students.
- Download campus maps.
- Find information on how to travel to the UO by car, plane, or train, including driving directions. Our partners at Travel Lane County maintain a list of local lodging options.
- Read about the classic college town of Eugene.
- The university offers Portland-based admission counseling at the downtown UO White Stag Block.
- Download the free UOregon app for your iPhone or your Android. Designed by UO students and staff, the app offers several individual walking tours, including a campus tour featuring videos of our student guides.
- You can also conduct your own self-guided tour of the UO campus with Foursquare, a location-based social networking website. Using your mobile device, you can check in at campus locations and landmarks.