Hum, harmonize, and get in step with the School of Music and Dance. Here are some of the school's greatest hits:
- The school is the recipient of a grant from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences to study skilled performance in musicians.
- Since 1991, the UO music education program has placed 100 percent of its graduates seeking teaching positions.
- The Oregon Jazz Ensemble has won the first place award at the Reno Jazz Festival (college division) seven times since 2000.
- The UO's Gospel Singers are back-to-back champions of Disney World's Gospel Choir Fest.
- SOMD students travel the world; twelve students from the Oregon Marching Band traveled to China as part of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Orchestra, and five UO opera students traveled to Germany in 2009 to perform in Nosferatu at the Berlin Konzerthaus.
- Holdings of the UO Library related to music and dance include 30,000 music scores and parts; 25,000 books on music; 225 music periodicals; 60 dance journals; 40,000 recordings; and a historical sheet music collection.