If your application has been placed on our waitlist for the fall 2018 term, you may have questions. The information on this website will help you understand the UO's waitlist process, including what you can expect as our application file review proceeds.
- April 2018—Waitlist notifications are sent. Indicate whether or not you wish to be on the waitlist no later than April 16th by using our waitlist confirmation webform.
- April 18, 2018—Review of the waitlist will begin.
- June 18, 2018—Notifications regarding waitlist and admission decisions will be sent. (This could be earlier if possible.)
Questions and Answers
How do I notify the UO that I would like to be on the waitlist and be considered for fall admission?
- Complete and submit the waitlist confirmation webform to indicate whether or not you would like to be on the waitlist. If you accept a spot on the waitlist and later decide otherwise, return to the waitlist confirmation webform and update your decision.
When will I receive a decision about my application and the waitlist?
- Notifications regarding waitlist and admission decisions will be sent no later than June 18. (This could be earlier if possible.)
Do I pay a deposit to stay on the waitlist?
- No. If we are able to admit you to the university, only then will you be asked to submit your Intent to Register (ITR) form along with the $200 Advance Tuition Deposit (ATD).
Should I call to find out about my position on the waitlist?
- No. There are a variety of factors that will influence the composition of the waitlist, including who decides to join the waitlist, who cancels, and how many admitted students choose Oregon by May 1, 2018.
Should I send additional information about my application?
- No. At this point in the process, new information will not change your status on the waitlist.
What are my chances of being admitted to the UO if I am on the waitlist?
- This is a difficult question to answer because each year the group of applicants is different. Below is a two-year history of the UO waitlist. Remember, the past two years may not predict this year.
|Fall 2016||Fall 2017|
|Reserved a place
on the waitlist
|UO admission offered||388||73|
When will I hear about the UO's financial aid?
- The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships sends financial aid award letters to admitted students only. If we are able to admit you and you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the UO, you will receive your financial aid award letter after your admission letter.
Will I get university housing if I am admitted?
- If you are admitted from the waitlist, then you will be able to log into the Housing Application and apply for housing. Housing assignments are prioritized on a first-come basis.
What should I do about orientation and course registration?
- If we are able to admit you to the UO, you will receive information about our summer orientation program called IntroDUCKtion. IntroDUCKtion programs are held throughout July and the first part of August.
You can always contact the Office of Admissions for further information or assistance.