Intent to Register

If you have been offered admission to the UO, it's time to let us know you'll be joining the flock! Submit your Intent to Register (ITR) form to confirm our offer of admission—follow the instructions below. If you have already done so, welcome to the UO!

Please note that when you complete the online Intent to Register form or complete and return the paper version that is mailed to your home address by the deadline listed on the form, your place in the fall class will be held. If you do not complete the form online or return the paper form, your admission will be cancelled.

Submitting the Online Intent to Register Form

Only undergraduate students who have been admitted for the fall term should follow these instructions. This page does not apply to undergraduate students admitted for other terms.

  1. Use your UO ID and PAC to log in to DuckWeb.
  2. Select "Admissions Menu."
  3. Select "Intent to Register Form."
  4. Check the box indicating your intent to enroll for fall term.
  5. If you are paying the $200 advance tuition deposit, you can make payment by credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa, and including an additional 2.75 percent service fee of $5.50), or by check. To pay by check, use your checking account and routing numbers.
  6. Request for deferrals or exemptions are also available via the online version of the form.
  7. If your name is incorrect, send a separate letter to the Office of Admissions to make any corrections.
  8. Once you make your payment online, you will receive an e-mail receipt. Keep this for your records.
  9. If applicable, indicate that you accept the the Robert D. Clark Honors College offer of admission.

Advance Tuition Deposit

You can pay the $200 nonrefundable advance tuition deposit by check or credit card. We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Be aware that there is a 2.75 percent service fee ($5.50) to use this service. It will appear as a separate charge on your credit card statement. The service fee is not assessed by the University of Oregon, but by our service provider. Payments made by debit card are treated as a credit card payment and the 2.75 percent service charge applies. The service fee is not charged for payments made by check. For more information, read our online Student Billing FAQs.

Please Note:

  • Online payment of the advance tuition deposit by electronic check or credit card is recommended for fastest processing.
  • If submitting the paper form, make your check or money order payable to the University of Oregon. Include the name of the enrolling student and the student’s UO ID number on your payment.
  • If you want to request deferred payment of the advance tuition deposit, check the box on the ITR form. Only students who have applied for financial aid may request a deferral.
  • The advance tuition deposit is not refundable, and once it is mailed or submitted online, the UO cannot halt processing. Cancellation or stopping payment on a check will result in an additional $20 processing fee.

Once your Intent to Register form has been processed, we will mail you a confirmation letter that includes the information you need to plan for fall enrollment. Materials about IntroDUCKtion—our summer orientation, advising, and registration program—are mailed beginning in April.

Student Housing

Sign up for your student housing as soon as possible. You will be able to select your community, room types, roommate preferences, sign your contract, and pay your application fee and your initial payment.  This will secure your space in the residence halls.  To log into your student housing application use your UOID number. Explore University Housing to find answers to your questions or email

Important Information

Advance Tuition Deposit

Payment of this $200 deposit confirms your intention to enroll fall 2018 and is applicable toward your fall term tuition. It is not refundable. If you cannot attend fall term, but you reapply and are accepted for admission winter, spring, or summer 2019, your fall 2018 deposit can be applied toward your first term’s tuition. See Change in Admission Term below. Once an advance tuition deposit is mailed or submitted online, the UO cannot halt processing. Cancellation or stopping payment on a check will result in an additional $20 processing fee.

Deferring Payment of the ATD

You may request deferred payment of the advance tuition deposit only if you applied for financial aid by using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). We will respond after we verify that your financial application has been received by the university. If you qualify for a deferment, check the appropriate box on either the online or paper version of the Intent to Register form.


A student awarded one of the scholarships listed below is exempt from paying the advance tuition deposit. If you have been awarded one of these scholarships, indicate on either the paper or online version of the ITR form that you are exempt from paying the deposit and list the scholarship you have been awarded. Note that these scholarships will be awarded in March.

  • Presidential Scholarship
  • Diversity Excellence Scholarship
  • Stamps Scholarship
  • Staton Scholarship

Change in Admission Term/Gap Year

In general, our offer of admission is valid only for the term for which you applied. If you plan to enroll for a different term, you must submit a new UO application for undergraduate admission. However, for freshmen only, we consider deferral requests for gap year experiences.  We will review such requests on a case-by-case basis, both for the offer of admission and any financial aid/scholarships awarded. If you are an admitted applicant for fall 2018 to begin this process, visit our gap year webpage, and be sure to review all guidelines before submitting the required deferral agreement.

    IntroDUCKtion and Spring Advising

    Beginning in the spring, we send information about orientation, advising, and course registration. To see when registration for summer programs is available, check the UO Student Orientation website. You can only participate in these programs once the Office of Admissions receives and processes your Intent to Register form.

    Transfer students should also refer to the UO Student Orientation website to check eligibility to participate in orientation programs.

    Reinstatement of Admission

    If you canceled our offer of admission to the UO and you want to be reinstated for fall 2018, you must submit a written request to the Office of Admissions. We will consider your request on a space-available basis.

    If you have questions, contact us.