The Academic English for International Students (AEIS) Program offers summer remote courses to help international UO students prepare for study at the university. These four-credit courses help students complete up to three (12 credits) required university English courses before arriving on campus in the fall.
AEIS courses also help students develop the skills they need for communication, cultural integration, and active participation in the academic environment of the university.
AEIS will offer the following remote courses in summer term 2020:
- AEIS 102 Advanced Academic Oral Communication
- AEIS 108 Advanced Reading Academic Discourse
- AEIS 111 Written Discourse II
- AEIS 112 Written Discourse III
Why take classes early?
- Get a head start on your coursework before you arrive on campus.
- Save some money! You will not have living costs in Eugene.
- Meet other students online before you arrive on campus.
How do I register for classes?
Email Dr. Tom Tasker, AEIS coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting him know which class or classes you want to take. He will help you complete the class registration.
- If you have a TOEFL score of 70 or higher (or an IELTS score of 6.5), you can take AEIS 111 and AEIS 108. If you think you might be exempt from these classes, you can take our AEIS Placement Test.
- If you don’t have a TOEFL score or it’s below 70 (or IELTS below 6.5), please take our AEIS Placement Test to see which classes you can take. You may have to wait to take classes until fall term if you do not test into AEIS 111.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Tom Tasker at email@example.com.