The best way to decide if the UO is right for you is to check it out yourself. Register for a campus tour. Or visit the Office of Admissions, located on the second floor of Oregon Hall at the corner of 13th Avenue and Agate Street, which is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The UO hosts campus visits Monday through Friday, during most months, at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2 p.m. and on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. All campus visits begin with a 30-minute information session followed by a 90-minute walking tour. Information sessions cover:
- the UO's status among the top 2% of public universities
- opportunities to conduct original research
- our graduates' success
- Global Oregon, diversity and the campus community
- Eugene: a community focused on the arts, outdoors, the environment and TrackTown USA
- questions and answers
Immediately following the information session, UO student ambassadors will lead guests on a walking tour through the main campus.
Students who need to discuss special circumstances or desire an individual appointment may call the Office of Admissions at 1-800-BE-A-DUCK. The UO is pleased to welcome guests with disabilities or others who need special assistance; please request accommodations in advance.
Transfer Student Information Session: Students who have already enrolled in coursework at a 2 or 4-year institution after high school graduation are especially encouraged to attend a transfer student information session. These sessions are currently offered the third Friday of each month at 1pm. Simply register for the 1:00 p.m. campus visit session through the registration link.
Campus visits begin and conclude at the Ford Alumni Center information desk at the corner of East 13th Avenue and Columbia street.
To arrange a special tour, contact the Ambassador Program at 541-346-1274.
Parking on Campus
Free on-campus parking is available to prospective students and their guests who are visiting.
Spaces are located in the parking garage at the Matthew Knight Arena, which is adjacent to the Ford Alumni Center where campus tours begin and information sessions take place. To get to the garage, drive along East 13th Avenue and turn onto Columbia Street just west of the Ford Alumni Center and proceed to the garage. After you have parked, take your ticket with you and have it validated at the information desk inside the alumni center.
Other Visit Resources
- Learn about special campus visit events, including fall Duck Preview and spring Duck Days as well as events for first-generation, ethnically diverse, or economically disadvantaged students.
- Download campus maps.
- Find information on how to travel to the UO by car, plane, or train, including driving directions
- Our partners at Travel Lane County can give you ideas for what else to do during your visit to Eugene. They also maintain a list of local lodging options.
- Read about the classic college town of Eugene.
- The university offers Portland-based admission counseling at the downtown UO White Stag Block.
- Download the free UOregon app for your iPhone or your Android. Designed by UO students and staff, the app offers several individual walking tours, including a campus tour featuring videos of our student guides.
- You can also conduct your own self-guided tour of the UO campus with Foursquare, a location-based social networking website. Using your mobile device, you can check in at campus locations and landmarks.