The UO for Parents
The prospect of saying goodbye to your student is never easy. But the pangs of parting from these young adults are lessened by the knowledge that you’re sending them off for an amazing educational experience at a supportive and diverse campus, and that the UO is dedicated to providing a safe, secure living and learning environment.
A college degree represents hard work that will pay big dividends for you and your student, and the University of Oregon offers an excellent education at a reasonable price. With more than 260 comprehensive academic programs to choose from, there’s a career path for everyone.
Explore our site and contact us with questions. Come to campus and enjoy the UO’s beauty and Eugene’s quirky charm. You’ll discover that the bottom line at the University of Oregon is a quality education.
You, Your Student, and the UO
The UO provides resources and information for families as they explore the college admissions decision-making process.
- Admissions information in Spanish is available on our website
- Read about University of Oregon champions succeeding on and off the field
- Get involved and stay informed with information about parent and family resources from the Office of the Dean of Students
- Schedule a campus visit and learn your way around
- Find the UO admissions counselor assigned to your recruiting territory
- See if your student qualifies for in-state residency
- Explore Eugene while getting to know the UO campus
- Give your student savvy advice about money management
- We have answers to several frequently asked questions
- Our parents’ guide offers tips on creating a good transition
The UO's parent newsletter will help you assist your student in the application process.
November 1: Early notification for fall 2014 freshman applicants