Founded by Eugene Skinner, a pioneer and explorer of the 1860s, the City of Eugene is a vibrant, progressive community that embraces its connection to the University of Oregon. Eugene has frequently been recognized as a great place to live:
- Livability.com called Eugene one of its Top 10 college towns.
- National Geographic’s "Green Guide" named Eugene the number one green city in the U.S. for air quality, recycling, transportation, and green space.
- Bicycling magazine called Eugene one of the ten most bicycle-friendly cities in the nation.
- Rolling Stone included Eugene in its list of "America’s Top 10 Campus Music Scenes That Rock."
- Money magazine has ranked Eugene among the best six U.S. cities in which to live.
Green and Other Local Colors
Go Outside and Play
Getting Here and Getting Around
- City of Eugene website
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
- Travel Lane County, visitors' services
- Wikipedia's entry on the City of Eugene
- Downtown Eugene
- Planet Eugene
- The Register-Guard, local daily newspaper
- Eugene Weekly, local alternative newsweekly
- Eugene Magazine, Lane County's lifestyle quarterly
- KEZI-TV, local ABC television affiliate
- KMTR-TV, local NBC television affiliate
- KVAL-TV, local CBS television affiliate
- KLSR-TV, local FOX television affiliate
- KLCC, local Public Radio station
- KWAX, classical music Radio station owned and opperated by UO
- UO campus media