Photograph, film, and interview in the School of Journalism and Communication, featuring a media curriculum placed among the top 25 in the nation. Highlights of the school include:
- Ten of the UO's 11 Pulitzer Prize–winning alumni earned degrees form the SOJC.
- Flux, the school's student-run magazine, has won 15 Associated Collegiate Press Pacemaker Awards, as well as an Online Pacemaker Award, the highest honor for college student magazines. Flux has received more than 100 national awards, making it the most honored college student publication in the country.
- UO journalism students launched OR, a magazine designed for the iPad.
- In 2012, the UO's daily newspaper transformed into the Emerald Media Group, offering two weekly print editions and a host of digital innovations and real-time news on the web.
- Ethos magazine, a UO student publicaton, has also earned the Pacemaker Award, known as Collegiate Magazine's highest honor, winning the award three years in a row.
- Allen Hall PR is a student-run public relations firm with clients both on and off campus.