- Why should my child attend a major research institution like the UO?
- How many students are employed or continuing their education after they graduate?
- What if a student is undecided about a major? Will this create a problem?
- When does a student need to declare a major?
- Can freshmen be admitted directly into a major?
- Is there a different application process between the College of Arts and Sciences and the professional schools?
- How large are classes at the UO?
- Do professors teach freshman classes?
- How much time will my son or daughter spend in class and/or studying outside of class?
- Are students able to get the courses they need in order to graduate in four years?
- What if a student gets into a class that they don’t like?
- Does the UO give college credit to freshmen for high school courses?
- Does the UO offer any special programs for new students?
- Does the UO offer an honors college?
- What are the advantages of the Clark Honors College?
- Does the UO offer any overseas study programs?
- What sort of internship and career resources does the UO offer?
- Is the UO too large?
- But aren't individuals lost at such a big university?
- What does the UO do to help students adjust?
- What does the UO do to help freshmen succeed?
- Does the UO have services in place to assist students who have disabilities?
- What is the atmosphere like on campus?
- How big is the campus?
- Is the student population diverse? And does the UO do anything to promote diversity?
- Do a lot of students join sororities and fraternities?
- What is Eugene like? What community activities are available? And what's the weather like?
- Should my student bring a car to campus?
- How can my son or daughter arrange to come home during term breaks?
- How safe is campus?
- What is the UO’s student communication plan during emergency situations or catastrophic events?
- What is the UO’s drug and alcohol policy?
- In what situation will I be notified of my student’s health and safety?
- What types of athletic opportunities are there for students?
- What types of clubs and organizations are there?
- What types of health services are available for students?
- Is there tutoring available?
- What accommodations are available for students with disabilities?
- Are freshmen required to live on campus? What are the advantages?
- What if my student doesn’t have a personal computer?
- Who supervises the halls?
- How do students apply for housing?
- What is the best residence hall?
- How are roommates assigned?
- What if roommates don't get along?
- How is the UO’s meal plan arranged?
- Are there laundry facilities?
Costs & Financial Aid
- What are the costs of attending the UO for one year?
- Why does the UO include personal expenses when citing costs?
- When do we pay the bill?
- Is financial aid available?
- Do you offer any freshman scholarships not based on family income?
- What forms should we file to be considered for all government and UO financial aid?
- Are there part-time job opportunities at the UO?
- Are there off-campus jobs available to students? How do students get those jobs?
- What is IntroDUCKtion/New Student Orientation and why is it required?
- How does the UO help students adjust to college once they arrive in the fall?
- How do I ensure that my child has all the necessary paperwork in order?